|The Man Who Would Be Steve|
|Season 2, Episode 36|
|Air date||March 15, 2009|
Episode Synopsis Edit
Tristan retrieves Serenity from the hospital, while Yugi duels with Joey (now named "Steve") whose mind has been taken over by Marik.
- (Title) A likely reference to The Man Who Would Be King.
- (00:02) The floating cards are, in order of appearance:
- (00:57) A reference to "There is no Dana, only Zuul" from Ghostbusters.
- (01:48) Bullwinkle is a character from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, which does sound similar to Tristan's voice.
- (02:17) Tea is singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, which plays again later on.
- (02:33) This is a parody of the Hulk's line, "You won't like me when I'm angry".
- (04:13) Duke's retort is a reference to the concept of a red-light district.
- (04:18) Tristan's interrogation is lifted from Pulp Fiction.
- (05:01) The bully does bear a striking resemblance to a security guard from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
- (06:32) This is V.A.T.S., as represented in Fallout 3.
- (07:57) From "How did it come to this" onwards, this is referencing a song from the English adaptation of Yu-Gi-Oh!, called "No Matter What", which also plays at the end card.
- (End card) The Jonas Brothers were an American pop-rock boy band, which only had three members.
- (Credits) The audio comes from an interview with wrestler "Iron Sheik".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.