|She Blinded Me With Card Games|
|Season 2, Episode 27|
|Air date||February 29, 2008|
Episode Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This episode shows Yugi and Joey receiveing their brand new Duel Disks. Afterwards, Joey has a run in with the Rare Hunters on his way to visit his sister in the hospital, losing a duel and his Red Eyes Black Dragon. After a short search the next day for Joey, who had gone missing, the gang manage to find him and bring him back to Serenity in the hospital.
References[edit | edit source]
- (Title) The episode title is a reference to Thomas Dolby's song "She Blinded Me with Science" .
- (01:09) eBay is an auction website.
- (01:15) Rickrolling is an Internet meme where a person provides a Web link they claim is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to a video of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" . The person who clicked is said to have been "Rickroll'd".
- (01:23) HeavyDDR was a member of the Abridged forums who controversially became a sub-mod despite his constant trolling.
- (01:27) When Dr. Bruce Banner becomes angry, he transforms into comicbook (and movies) hero, the Incredible Hulk .
- (01:37) Joey is singing the tune that plays when you find an item in videogame Zelda: The Ocarina of Time .
- (01:56) Marik's laughter is exactly like Mandark's from Dexter's Laboratory .
- (02:23) The song that plays when Joey runs through the alley is from "Run Lola Run" .
- (02:44) This is the voice of Marvin the Martian from the Looney Toons . This is why he says "I claim this card in the name of Mars, isn't that lovely?" later on.
- (03:16) Grey's Anatomy is a TV series that takes place in a hospital.
- (03:16) Joey's mother's voice is a reference to Doctor Girlfriend from The Venture Brothers .
- (03:47) Painting huge eyes and an open mouth that shoots a beam on someone is an internet meme called "shoop da whoop" .
- (04:49) The song that plays when Tristan pulls up on the motorcycle is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood .
- (05:12) This is the promotional poster for Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds , the sequel to Yu-Gi-Oh GX . The song that plays is "O Fortuna" composed by Carl Orff .
- (05:22) Tristan is singing the theme song of "Speed Racer" , an 80s anime that deals with car races. The theme itself plays during the end card.
- (05:31) The song playing is called "Peaceful Town ~ Quiet Village ~ Alchemy Pot" from "Dragon Quest VIII" .
- (Credits) This line and this line are both from The Wizard .
- (Post-Credits) Doctor Octoganopus is from The Lazer Collection video series on YouTube, created by DominicFear using the shoop da woop meme style. Doctor Octoganopus himself is a reference to Doctor Octopus (or Doc Oc) , a villain from the Spider-Man comics.