|Shine On, You Crazy Devlin|
|Season 1, Episode 22|
|Air date||June 18, 2007|
Episode Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This episode introduces the character of Duke Devlin, who becomes a member of the gang in following episodes. Being jealous of Duke's popularity, Joey challenges him to a duel. After losing, Yugi "duels" Duke for Joey, except, instead of playing a card game, they play Dungeon Dice Monsters, Duke's own game design. Yugi defeats Duke and they all become friends.
References[edit | edit source]
- (Title) The title is a reference to the Pink Floyd song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" .
- (01:07) "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!" and the ending card are from "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" , also by Pink Floyd.
- (01:37) Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" plays every time Duke is on screen, later becoming his de facto theme song. His voice resembles Snake from "The Simpsons" .
- (01:48) Tristan's constant off screen cries of "Burn the witch!" and his ending remarks about being turned into a newt are references to "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" .
- (03:12) The fangirls are singing "Hey Mickey" by Toni Basil , whose video clip features cheerleaders. The actual song is heard during this episode's ending credits.
- (04:56) Grandpa's "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" quotes "Hey Ya!" , by Outkast .
- (06:09) This is a song from the second flash-animated cartoon in the Magical Trevor series.
- (Credits) Kaiba is laughing like Mandark , the antagonist of Dexter in "Dexter's Laboratory" .