|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air date||October 23, 2006|
Episode Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This episode shows the gang find their way through the cave into a giant room, where the tag-team duel between Yugi and Joey vs. the rhyming Paradox Brothers, Para and Dox takes place. Also we see Kaiba travelling towards Pegasus's castle, as well as being tricked into a trap and finally finding Mokuba, only for Pegasus to steal Mokuba's soul. Pegasus tells Kaiba that, in order to get Mokuba's soul back, Kaiba must defeat Yugi in a duel.
Music[edit | edit source]
- (0:36) YMCA
- (3:06) Magical Trevor
- (05:36) Muppet Babies Intro
- (ending) Finale Fantasy 6 Victory Music
References[edit | edit source]
- (Title) It's a reference to hip-hop artist Busta Rhymes .
- (00:00) Yami's intro is a common statement used at the beginning of shows like Law & Order.
- (00:36) This song is "YMCA " by Village People , a renowned gay anthem.
- (01:13) This mini-intro parodies the intro of cartoon series "Jim Henson's Muppet Babies" .
- (01:50) "My Kaiba senses are tingling" is a reference to Spiderman , who says "My spider sense is tingling" when he senses danger.
- (02:35) "Leave It To Beaver Warrior" is a reference to the 1950s/60s sitcom "Leave It To Beaver" .
- (02:42) The dialogue between Joey and Yugi concerning Yugi's Beaver is using the slang term "beaver" to refer to a vagina.
- (03:06) This song is from the flash-animated cartoon "Magical Trevor" .
- (04:02) Dr. Seuss was a writer whose children's stories often involved rhyming.
- (04:28) From Joey mentioning phasers to the sound effects themselves, this is a parody of "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- (05:04) "I'm afraid your princess is in another castle" is a message typically seen when clearing a castle in the Mario video game franchise .
- (End card) The music that plays here is the end portion of the Muppet Babies theme song.
- (Credits) This is the victory music from Final Fantasy VI.