|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||July 15, 2006 (YouTube)|
June 21, 2013 (Dailymotion)
Episode Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This episode highlights the final match between Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood, after which Pegasus announces the tournament that Season 1 revolves around. After receiving and watching a video that Yugi received from Pegasus, he and Pegasus duel in the Shadow Realm to decide if Yugi will have to enter the tournament. After Yugi loses, Pegasus steals Solomon's soul and the tape ends.
References[edit | edit source]
- (Title) A reference to the Rocky film series, which has many sequels in the convention of Rocky II, Rocky III, etc.
- (00:00) Barney and Friends is a live action show featuring a purple dinosaur named Barney, whose voice is imitated in Tristan.
- (01:10) Rocky Balboa is the protagonist of the Rocky film series . Rocky is a professional boxer whose training sequences often appear as montages.
- (01:52) The voices and personalities of Rex and Weevil have been substituted with those of Beavis and Butt-head (of the MTV cartoon of the same name). The catchphrases and dumbed-down sexually-driven humour they use are characteristic of the show.
- (02:48) This part parodies the horror movie The Ring , in which a cursed videotape kills anyone who watches it within seven days.
- (03:11) Yami's "You can see into my mind?" is a possible reference to Solid Snake's line from Metal Gear Awesome .
- (03:36) The timer at the centre of the screen, and the four panels around it, parody the directing of the TV series "24 ".
- (03:48) Yami's "What'choo talkin' about, Pegasus" references Arnold Jackson's retort (and catchphrase) of "What'choo talkin' about, Willis" from "Diff'rent Strokes ".
- (Credits) This dialogue is from "Superman Returns ", with Tea as Lois Lane and Yami Marik as Lex Luthor.