|Welcome to the NHK Abridged|
09/27/2009 - 07/30/2011
"MAIN ENTRY: HIKIKOMORI
PART OF SPEECH: N, ADJ
DEFINITION: A STATE OR CONDITION
OF ACUTE SOCIAL WITHDRAWAL"
- episode 1 opening text
Satou, a lazy good-for-nothing-asshole (aka. hikikomori) teams up with his neighbour Yamazaki to make a hentai video game to impress Misaki, a girl who is determined to put up with Satou's nonsense and cure him of being a hikikomori.
Welcome to the NHK is the second series created by CardboardLayer, started after completing Phoenix Wright Abridged Attorney. Ezekieru is credited with making the opening title sequence, and FlyingBandicoot with helping to edit (first episode only).
A 12 second joke episode featuring a stick figure picture drawn by Adamwestlapdog (presently titled "Welcome to the NHK 10 and 11 by George dot wmv.jpg") was uploaded while the real episode was in production. A similar joke episode titled “NHK episode new.wmv” was uploaded between episodes 16 and 17.
- CardboardLawyer - Satou
- FlyingBandicoot - Misaki (ep. 3+)
- ShamanStick - Yamazaki
- Adamwestslapdog - ENDER
- Xaiyuchan - Hitomi (aka. Senpai Girl)
- Brentalfloss's lips
|Episode 1 Welcome to the Hell Hole!||Sep 27th, 2009|
|Episode 2 (1.1) Welcome to the Belated Welcome!||Oct 17th, 2009|
|Episode 3 Welcome to the Survival!||Dec 1st, 2009|
|Episode 4 and 5 Welcome to the Chickity China||Jan 31st, 2010|
|Episode 6, 7, 8 and 9||Apr 1st, 2010|
|Episode 10 and 11 Welcome to the [Working Title]||May 23rd, 2010|
|Episode 12-14 Welcome to Suicide Island||Sep 2nd, 2010|
|Episode 15 and 16 Welcome to the Internet, Ladies||Nov 28th, 2010|
|Episode 17-19 Welcome to the Greek Job||Jan 30th, 2011|
|Episode 20-22 Welcome to the Goodbye||May 26th, 2011|
|Episode 23-24 (Finale) Goodbye to the NHK||Jul 16th, 2011|
- [Conflict: Resolved] and [Conflict: Unresolved] boxes at the bottom of the screen
- Satou never signed Misaki’s contract. He doesn’t actually know that the reason he’s been meeting with her is because she’s been trying to cure him of being a hikikomori.
- Bacon: With a Side of Rape is the title of the hentai game that Satou and Yamazaki are making
- The stinger at the end of each episode is an odd narration by the ENDER
- Satou is overwhelmingly enthusiastic and optimistic about everything to the point that he seems to ignore anything pessimistic said to him, or switch immediately to a happier topic such as his new goldfish named Goldie (which is mainly how he misses out on all of the hints that Hitomi drops about suicide)