|Transformers Abridged: G1|
Oct 19, 2009 - hiatus
Transformers Abridged: G1 is an abridged series created by TFAbridged. The series started in late 2009 with two 5 minute "Operation" shorts, which then grew into a full abridged series. The story is mostly the same, but consists of satire material that pokes fun at original animation errors, inappropriately suggestive lines and scenes from the original series, and constantly mocks material from the live action films directed by Michael Bay.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Thundercatlord - Megatron, Reflector, Thundercracker, Ravage, Mirage, Hard Hat Human #4, Anti-Bay Human #2
- somanyturtles - Jazz, Disclaimer Announcer
- jON3.0 - Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Narrator, Brawn, Flint, Shockwave (2/2), Human #3
- Sketch - Starscream, Sparkplug, Bumblebee, Skywarp, Mike the TV, Kid #2
- Kaxblastard - Cliffjumper, Gears, Bluestreak
- Robotfan987 - Prowl, Hound, Spike, Kid #1
- Studio24U - Ratchet, Hardhat Wearing Humans #2 and #3
- 4ourever - Rumble
- Gamebuddy123 - Soundwave, Hard Hat Wearing Human #1
- Dzillaa - Shockwave (1/2), Wheeljack
- WhoisCAL - Huffer
Episode List[edit | edit source]
|1st Short: "Operation: Acquire Views"||Oct 19, 2009|
|2nd Short: "Operation Casting: Complete"||Dec 8, 2009|
|Episode 1: "The Flying Menace"||Feb 24, 2010|
|Episode 2: "Attack of the Seeker Clones"||Apr 26, 2010|
|Episode 3: "Autobots Still Can't Fly"||Jan 3, 2011|
|Episode 4: "Silence of The Spike"||Oct 22, 2011|
Characters:[edit | edit source]
Autobots:[edit | edit source]
- Optimus Prime: The leader of the Autobots. Though overall good like his original counterpart, TFAbridged Optimus Prime is very cynical, and disrespectful, especially towards Sparkplug and Spike Witwicky.
- Jazz: Optimus Prime's second in command. He is very eccentric and has a very exaggerated african-american accent. He is often seen pulling Autobots out of the water with his grapple wire, much to his dismay.
- Ironhide: Autobot war veteran. He is portrayed as a stereotypical old redneck.
- Ratchet: Field Medic. His medical knowledge is somewhat limited, as shown when he is clueless about Ironhide's "aching skidplate".
- Wheeljack: The Autobots' inventor. He often comes up with screwed up inventions for the Autobots, something he is often berated for.
- Cliffjumper: Rash, impulsive, and disobedient Autobot warrior. He once went against Optimus Prime's orders and tried taking a shot at Megatron, and failed, missing the shot when Megatron was not even moving (Resulting in the whole event being recorded on the Fail Blog by Soundwave).
- Hound: The Autobots' scout. He is also a perverted pedophile, having a disturbing attraction to Sam "Spike" Witwicky and always wanting the latter "inside him" while in vehicle mode.
- Bumblebee: The Autobot rookie. He is very snobby and gullible, easily jumping for Ravage after Soundwave claimed the latter is Soundwave.
- Huffer: The Autobots' construction engineer. Like his original counterpart, he complains frequently. He also has a habit of restating the obvious.
Decepticons:[edit | edit source]
- Megatron: The leader of the Decepticons. His personality is mostly the same as his original counterpart, but is more sarcastic.
- Starscream: The Decepticons' air commander, who openly dreams of becoming the new leader of the Decepticons. He frequently points out how differently things would be for the decepticons if he were leader, yet not seeing that no one cares.
- Soundwave: Megatron's most loyal servant. He operates as a communications officer, and comes up with names for the Decepticons' military operations.
- Laserbeak: Soundwave's bird-like cassette. He is often sent to monitor Autobots' conversations.
- Ravage: Big game cat-like cassette, whose only speech is snarling, which is translated into internet slang.
- Rumble: Demolition cassette, who claims that he has been chosen to be the next leader of the Decepticons, much to Starscream's outrage.
- Thundercracker: Starscream's lieutenant. Not much is different between his original and abridged personality, except that he often makes one-liners that mislead others to think he's gay.
- Skywarp: Another of Starscream's lieutenants, and much like Skywarp, there are no differences in his abridged personality, yet.
- Shockwave: Megatron's second in command, who was left behind on Cybertron to take charge of the planet. He has a stereotypical british accent, and since being left behind, has become a loner, having found no one to attend his party shortly after Megatron's departure.
Humans[edit | edit source]
- Samuel "Spike" Witwicky: Ron's son. He is very fascinated by the Autobots, and has been eager to learn more about them. However, he is very emotionally fragile, easily weeping when he thinks his father is dead, or when he depends on his dad to fight a battle for him. The Autobots thought his real name was "stupid" so they named him "Spike".
- Ron "Sparkplug" Witwicky: Samuel's father, who ran an oil rig before Megatron destroyed it. He is very strict towards his son and has a stereotypical farmer accent. Like Samuel, he was given the name "Sparkplug" by his Autobot friends, who thought his name was stupid.
Recurring Jokes:[edit | edit source]
- Starscream constantly stating how differently situations would be were he leader of the Decepticons ("If I were leader, we would have gotten out sooner"; "If I were leader, we'd never get rick-rolled")
- The Autobots frequently fly into battles against the Decepticons, even though Autobots don't fly, which Megatron irritatedly points out frequently.
- Jazz often has to pull his comrades out of the water, annoying him to the point of his demand that they learn how to swim.
- There are frequent Star Wars jokes, including musical scores and the epic battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron that mirrors that between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.