Rurouni Kenshin X Abridged
|Rurouni Kenshin X Abridged|
|Creator||Shibien13 and Redbeast13|
|Episodes||21 (Are now starting over due to copyright deleting their episodes)|
Rurouni Kenshin X Abridged is an abridgement of Rurouni Kenshin by Shibien13 and Redbeast13. The story follows a wandering samurai named Kenshin who used to be the feared Battousai the Man Slayer. Due to an incident that happened in his past he has taken a vow never to kill again. He meets with the owner of a kendo dojo, Karou. They then meet a boy who will learn under Karou named Yahiko who over time becomes a very compitant fighter. The group is then joined by a fist fighter who hates the current government named Sanosuke. They then fight a ninja named Aoshi, who later joins the team in season two. At the begining of season two, Kenshin is met by his old enemy, Saito. As they fight it is revealed that he is now working for the government and this fight was only a test to see if Kenshin can be useful in taking down his accessor, Shishio. Kenshin leaves behind the peace he found to go off to fight Shishio, unknowning that Karou, Yahiko, and Sanosuke are not far behind. Along the way Kenshin meets one of Aoshi's ninja's, Misao. She is unaware of the fate of Aoshi and joins with Kenshin. Kenshin, Sanosuke, Karou, Yahiko, Saito, and Misao all meet in Kyoto where they prepare to take down Shishio.
Shibien13: Writer and creator
- Police Chief
Redbeast13: Editor and mixer
- Seijuro Hiko
- Sojiro Seta
- Makoto Shishio
JinchuuX: New Account: Recently, Shibien13 and Redbeast13 took down their videos due to a copyright claim by Sony music. However, the two have opened a new account called JinchuuX and are now re-uploading their old episodes in better quality, with better jokes, and different music. This account will become the new base of their operations. They currently have two episodes remastered and will be continuing to make new episodes.
In season one they took their time to establish the characters. After a while they redid the first four episodes. To make sure that the characters had time to develope well and could get in enough jokes, the went through most of the filler in season one, skipping the rest to start with season two. The opening song for this season was Heart of Sword, one of the ending themes to the original show. The ending song was originally Caramelldansen but was later changed to Ikie Ikie. The season ended with their longest episode yet with a trailer at the end that portrays the next season.
In the remake, the opening is still Heart of Sword, but made longer with more effects and better visuals. The ending song change to Shijyou Saikyou no Deshi (the main fighting theme in Kenichi the Mightiest Deciple). Kenshin is also made to be more passive, as it would be more useful to future episode it have him closer to his original character. More members from the Order of A.D.D will also be making more frequent appearances in the show.
This season starts with them cutting the "Abridge Slayer" joke and going back to the "Man Slayer." They introduce Saito and keep the original plot of Kenshin going off to stop Shishio. During their first confrontation, Kenshin mocks Shishio of only being after Japan, stating that the goal is short sighted compared to other anime villians. Shishio retorts by saying "he who controls Japan, controls the anime," causing Saito and Kenshin to both be disturbed by the evilness of his plan. Sanosuke learns the Futae no Kiwami, a technique that borrows the power of the God of Destruction, Chuck Norris. The opening to season two is Over Drive, though it was originally going to be Heros of Our Time but was not allowed due to copyright laws. The ending has stayed as Ikie Ikie. In this season we see more editing to the original data with a sqirrel randomly jumping onto Saito's face and comic books beign read by characters.
Most of the recurring jokes are about the main characters.
- Yahiko, whenever caused pain, shouts "Owe my face!" a joke that Misao has also started to use, being the female equivilant of Yahiko
- Yamagata, whenever he appears, he has some obsession with decaf lattes
- Sanosuke is an badass, but everyone else. such as Saito, just considers him an idiot.
- Kenshin techniques are so awesome that he will occasionally use the word "awesomeness" in the name of the technique
- Aoshi is the "emo" character who always takes a dramatic pause before finishing his sentence (has been cut in the remastering)
- Anji worships the God of Destruction aka Chuck Norris
- Sanosuke calls himself the "Bad Ass" of the show and when he takes off his shirt, he calls it his "Fan Service Mode"
- Saito is a murdering psycho who kills anything in sight
- Hiko, Kenshin's master, is a complete asshole who belittles everyone and praises himself
- Shishio's goals to take over Japan is so that he can control the anime
Shibien13 and Redbeast13 have had many of their friends guest star in their show.
- Ranma2387: Jinei
- Ilovetoparty1: Hyottoko and Beshimi
- SuperHyperConsoleBoy: Fake Medicine Man and Cho
- PygmyPuffPie: Senkaku
- Shibien13 is the identical twin of Redbeast13, causing a few of the voices to sound similar
- Shibien13 and Redbeast13 have done a Get Backers Abridge one shot for the Pass Gass Contest
- Shibien13 and Redbeast13 are both members in the Order of A.D.D
- Redbeast13 originally used iMovie for the editing, but has moved to Final Cut Pro starting at season 2
- Rurouni Kenshin is the favorite show to both Shibien13 and Redbeast13