|Pokemon the 'Bridged Series|
03/05/2010 - 08/02/2018
29 + 3 redubs + 3-part special
Pokemon The 'Bridged Series, usually shortened to Pokemon 'Bridged or P:TBS, is a series by 1KidsEntertainment, xJerry64x, and starting with episode 2, Nowacking. It is an unconventional and somewhat surreal Abridging of the Pokemon anime, and it has surpassed the popularity of 1Kids' long-running Death Note Abridged series.
The series ended on 08/02/2018 after the cast members decided to part ways.
Style and Characterization
The writing style is largely random humor, with numerous jokes and branches of dialogue seeming to be nonsensical. Very few outside references are made, with the few being either very subtle or hidden, (one exception being a very blatant jab at Ray William Johnson). It is worth noting that the current writing style did not develop until Episode 2 when Nowacking joined the team.
Brock is a two-in-one character; at most times he acts like the original Brock, though he has a second half that is an exaggeration of his obsession with becoming a Pokemon breeder. This Brock is heavily perverted, demented and likely dangerous, emphasized by voice actor Jerry speaking in a guttural growl.
- Ash Ketchum aka Assface/Ash Ketchup (1Kids): In this version, a complete failure of a Pokemon trainer. He seems to get lucky whenever he battles with Misty around. A running gag is him doing absolutely nothing and either winning a battle or catching a Pokemon and that he is sexist (as seen in episode 2 when he traded his newly received female Pikachu to an male one). Unlike the OG character, he also nicknamed his Caterpie "Mewtwo", even thought he thought that was Mewtwo itself (keep in mind that in the redub he killed it). His Pokemon include Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Primeape.
- Misty (Nowacking - Ep. 2 till present, including the Ep. 1 Redub): In this version, has an entirely obvious crush on Ash, yet always seems adept at seeing Ash lose. At first, she seems to not have control of her mind, but is later seen as the only one with common sense. Unlike the original, she is a fire Pokemon lover, and is away from home for being a disappointment to a water Pokemon family. Her Pokemon include Staryu, Starmie, Psyduck, and Togepi (Ep.15 only).
- Brock (xJerry64x): In this version, has a more insane view of breeding. Was described as "So creepy, that even the underground association of breeding wouldn't accept him into their ranks." He also seems to have a crush on Ash, several other females, and pokemon. So he is a bisexual pokephiliaic. His Pokemon include Geodude, Onix, and Vulpix. He also thinks that pokemon cauth via gameshark have no soul.
- Pikachu: In this version, Pikachu can actually speak. Pikachu is also a pyromaniac, how he starts some of the fires are a complete mystery, though one can assume a simple mixture of an electric spark and gasoline is the usual method. It is noted that his voice sounds very similiar to Takahata101's Nappa, despite that Takahata actually voices his evolution - Raichu, Pikachu also thinks everything cuter than him (like Mikey's Eevee) must be destroyed
- Delia Ketchum: Ash's mother, seems to have a hatred for her son and a (Mostly physical) love for Professor Oak. In the Orange Islands special, it is strongly implied that May is her and Professor Oak's daughter.
- Professor Oak: Likes to tell everyone about how everything was done with "husks of corn" back in his days. He's not subtle about his relationship with Ash's mom, but Ash still hasn't figured it out. He also once founded a nudist colony.
- Officer Jenny: A highly corrupt and incompetent police officer, she is also a noted child predator with a preference for pre-pubescent boys which is made evident in Ep. 2 after drugging Ash and taking him to numerous places on a sexual escapade, and then later rejecting Brock's advances (who was 15) due to him being 'too old'. As of Ep. 17, she claims to be working on this problem, though she would later go on to relapse into her old ways in future episodes.
- Nurse Joy: An ubiquitous character like Jenny, she is an airhead who is more likely to accidentally kill the Pokemon in her care than heal them. She's also something of a businesswomen, demanding payment for her services in healing Pokemon, and even started up a side-business of selling Pokemon corpses, so it's a 'win-win' situation whether they live or die. She gets pissed when she isn't paid.
- Tracey: Enjoys sketching people naked. He is seen as a cameo in some episodes as a cameo for a few frames. He used to live in a nudist colony until winter struck and all of them died, with the exception of Tracey.
- 1KidsEntertainment - Ash Ketchum, Pikachu, Meowth (Episode 21 onwards), Professor Oak (Episodes 1 to 3), James, Pokedex, various bit characters.
- Nowacking - Misty, Jessie, Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy, various bit characters.
- XJerry64x - Brock, Narrator, Gary, Meowth (until Episode 19), Delia Ketchum, Sisties, Professor Oak (Episode 14 onwards), characters with "Falsettosis", various bit characters.
Guest Voice Actors
- MasterWGS - cameo (ep. 1 original)
- Chromegloss55 - cameo (ep. 1 original, ep. 2)
- Flyingbandicoot - cameo (ep. 2)
- EdricODoom - Pokedubs' Jack Sparrowchu and Ash (ep. 2)
- LordMoonstone - Seymour (ep. 5), cameo (ep. 9)
- Takahata101 - Flint (ep. 6), Lt. Surge & Raichu (ep. 11), Frank (ep. 19)
- KaiserNeko - Damian (ep. 8), Erika (ep. 12), Mark (ep. 19)
- ShadyVox - Chansey (ep. 9)
- Xthedarkone - The tranny (ep. 9), Gentleman (ep. 17)
- LittleKuriboh - One of Erika's assistants (ep. 12), A.J. (ep. 13)
- PurpleEyesWTF - One of Erika's assistants (ep. 12), Doctor Janitor (ep. 22)
- Hbi2k - Pokemon League official (ep. 13)
- Faulerro - Primape (ep. 14)
- Airrest - grunt #2 (ep. 15)
- Innagadadavida - electric company worker (ep. 16)
- Remix (WeeklyTubeShow) - electric company worker (ep. 16)
- Tomamoto - Koga (ep. 18)
- EileMonty - Aya (ep. 18)
- Lanipator - Mitch (ep. 19)
- Stephan Krosecz - Angry Guy and Deaf Guy (ep. 19)
- Shudo Ranmaro - Texas (ep.21)
- Writing - 1KidsEntertainment, Nowacking, xJerry64x
- Editing - 1KidsEntertainment
- Chromegloss55 - Background music remixes, Animation in ep. 17
- Neoridgeback - Socky Animation
- Katya_Noctis - Badge Artwork (ep. 13), Postcard (ep. 17)
- Stephan Krosecz - Elite3 Logo (ep. 19)
In September of 2013 a three-part Pokemon 'Bridged Special was released based around the Orange Islands arc in which Tracy temporarily takes the place of Brock. The Special Episode included MasakoX, Megami33, and PurpleEyesWTF as guest voice actors, and Tracy's "sketch" of Prof. Oak was made by Horoko.
|Special Episode 1/3 - Arrival||Sep 8, 2013|
|Special Episode 2/3 - Rude||Sep 9, 2013|
|Special Episode 3/3 - Return||Sep 10, 2013|
- Pokemon 'Bridged Christmas... Special? (Christmas season, 2010)
- Gotta Breed 'Em All (Pokemon theme song parody)
- P:TBS Episode 8 Extra (Unused joke from Episode 8)
- P:TBS Episode 1 Redub (First anniversary special)
- P:TBS Episode 7 Derub (April Fool's Day, 2011)
- In 2018 an user named Nagareboshi, dubbed the first episode of this into polish, however, he voiced ALL the characters himself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0vz0lxa7GI