|My Fair Host|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Length||Part 1: 5:36. Part 2: 6:13|
|Created by||manitoug15 and jellibette|
|Written by||manitoug15 and jellibette|
Softcore Strip Tease Filler
Haruhi wishes she had worked in the noisy library more than ever when she arrives half an hour late at the club room, where the hosts have set up a ridiculous jungle theme. They then announce that they will be holding a dance party, which all the girls plan to attend. Then Kanako comes along and Tamaki insists they throw her out because her voice hurts his ears, but needing to teach Haruhi the Caramelldansen distracts him, even though he does not get to dance with her. It is then shown that Kanako not only has a teacup fetish, but also has a boyfriend who she ignores because he is dull. The hosts rectify this by forcing them to Caramelldanse which makes them rediscover why they love each other. Then, because she was the best (and pretty much only) dancer of the night, Kanako wins a kiss from Haruhi, which Tamaki is most unhappy about, because he hates yuri. He attempts to stop the kiss, but ends up making it happen. This makes Haruhi realise that she is a lesbian.
It is revealed that Tamaki suffers from bulimia, since he binges on ramen and is so incredibly vain, even though the disease affects many more women than men.
- Tamaki incorrectly pronounces yaoi as ya-oy because neither manitoug15 or jellibette had ever had to say it aloud before.
- A deleted line has the twins cheering the newly feminised Haruhi down the corridor singing "Lady looks like a dude looks like a lady"!
- The scene concerning the position of mummy was taken from the sub, Haruhi taking position to have a different meaning.
The heavy use of this song in the episode is a reference an AMV that manitoug15 had made, in which it is explained that a person gets special powers. Several powers are revealed between the two parts, only one being mentioned twice- Tamaki's roses and sparkles. Other powers include Kyouya's telepathy, Honey's ability to teleport anywhere within a 1m radius and make scenes change colour, Haruhi having command over shellfish, the twins becoming less identical every time they dance (so they don't do it very often) and Lord Victor Daftwager gets slightly more deaf every time.
- The song playing when Haruhi and Kanako kiss is I Kissed a Girl- Katy Perry.
- Several references are made about Pygmalion.
- The voice of Kanako is based on the voice of Eliza Doolittle and on the American stereotype of a British person. According to Manitoug15 and Jellibette, Kanako's voice is in fact cockney, a term used to describe the language of the working class who live in east of London, more specifically those who were born within earshot of the Bow Bells
- The voice of Kanako's suitor, Lord Victor Daftwager, is based on a voice from the episode of The Simpsons where they went to London.