|TeamNakama's One Piece Abridged|
December 22, 2010 - Current
TeamNakama's One Piece Abridged is the title of a parody of the hit manga and anime series by Eiichiro Oda. TeamNakama was created because of a lack of continuing enjoyable One Piece abridged series. such as One Piece Abridged & One Piece TAS, ironically it almost befell the same fate.
TeamNakama is centered more around the series story line, as opposed to the completely off the wall comedy most tend to use for One Piece Abridged (None Piece). It has been said that when you abridge One Piece you should "Go crazy and abridge the hell out of it." We disagree to a point. None Piece is fucking hilarious though (Author's Note).
The Time Skip'D portion of TeamNakama's One Piece Abridged is still the same series just a way to separate the original idea with the revival.
History[edit | edit source]
TeamNakama was the brainchild of OmegaOptimusSupreme and Sabien in 2010. Created because of the lack of continuing One Piece Abridged series as well as to show off their love for the series. While still in the idea stage Zombifaction joined duo as a writer and guest voice actor. After a few weeks of spit balling Zombifaction took over Sabien's writing for for episode one. After a year of rewrites and editing Fishdragon took on the role of video editor fro TeamNakama. With Fishdragon editing they set a date for the first episode to premiere the same day that One Piece was coming back form the 2 year time skip. After the first episode was released TeamNakama was working on episode 2 for a few months before personal issues caused Fishdragon to bow out as editor. Zombifaction tried to take over the role and released a few small videos from friends of the group as well as Zombifaction only real release, "Always Sunny in One Piece", which was really just a test of lip flaps. After its release TeamNakama seemingly died. But what seemed to be an indefinite hiatus, was only just the end of a chapter.
Time Skip'D[edit | edit source]
In late 2012 Fishdragon got in contact with Zombifaction saying "I want to abridge One Piece again." From that simple phrase sprang TeamNakama's One Piece Abridged (Time Skip'D). So instead of going through the entire first half of One Piece they decided to just jump to the time skip. That said they are planning to go back and abridge the previous arcs they missed, eventually. The entire cast has agreed to reprise their roles in hopes of doing justice to the original purpose of the group.
Episode[edit | edit source]
|1||A Barrel of Monkey||When a young cabin boy named Koby meets an insane sociopath floating in a barrel his life will change forever.||TeamNakama's One Piece Abridged Episode 1|
|2||TBA||In Production-Writing||Early 2013|
Cast[edit | edit source]
|OmegaOptimusSupreme||Zoro, Franky, Near Sighted Larry|
|Sabien||Monkey D. Luffy, Brook|
Running Jokes[edit | edit source]
- Helmeppo's name was changed to Helamapepapo and when a voice actor said his name, no matter who, they had to raise their pitch and attitude. (Original script for Episode 2)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original TeamNakama idea was created by OmegaOptimusSupreme and Sabien, then Zombifaction came out of nowhere and usurped the writing role from Sabien.
- The Uraby210 controversy(Uraby210 running gags) was brought about by Zombifaction posting a stupid video he thought was funny. "Everyone heard it wrong." says Zombifaction "He was saying Peep, not pee."
- TeamNakama member Zombifaction refuses to go back the The Abridged Community site.
- The original editor of TeamNakama quit because of a fight over a woman. (Note he is still a friend of the team)
- OmegaOptimusSupreme is the series PR person. (He keeps Zombifaction from saying anything too stupid.)
- Sanji is based off the 4Kids dub featuring a "Brooklish" accent by David Moo. (Brooklish is a term created by Zombifaction)
- Helamapepapo is named such because of Zombifaction's inability to pronounce his name correctly from memory. (Real name Helmeppo)