McCreadie1989 & xbubblemunkyx
09/18/2011 - present
Production[edit | edit source]
High School of the Dead Kinda is written by McCreadie1989 and xbubblemunkyx, and edited by xbubblemunkyx.
As of April, 2014, it has been stated in the comments on the most recent update video that there will be one more episode to finish covering Season 1 of the High School of the Dead anime, and the team intends to continue with abridging Season 2.
Ending Themes[edit | edit source]
The songs playing over the credits tend to be upbeat and cheerful, in contrast with the violence and sexual content of the episodes. The end themes sometimes relate to conversations, events, or themes used earlier in the episode.
- Pokemon OST - Together Forever
- Captain Planet Theme
- Flow - Fighting Dreamers
- Vic Mignogna - Dragon Soul & Sean Schemmel - Dragon Soul
- McDonald's Song (Welcome to the Jungle Parody)
- Avenue Q - The Money Song
- Pokemon OST - Viridian City
- Digimon Theme Song
- Chu Chu lovely - Maximum the Hormone
Cast[edit | edit source]
- xbubblemunkyx - Takashi, Takagi (ep. 2+), Saeko, Alice, Soichiro, Extras
- McCreadie1989 - Takagi (ep. 1), Hisashi, Rei, Kohta, Shizuka, Mr. Shido, Yuriko, Extras
Episode List[edit | edit source]
|Episode 1||Sep 18, 2011|
|Episode 2||Oct 16, 2011|
|Episode 3: Holding your glasses makes you look like a mother fucking genius!!!||Oct 28, 2011|
|Episode 4: Conversations on Motorcycles!!!!||Nov 14, 2011|
|Episode 5: This episode is rated XXXX
the last X stands for Xylophagous
|Dec 2, 2011|
|Episode 6: Who Doesn’t Love Money?? :P||Jan 7, 2012|
|Episode 7: STOP IT!!!
I have Geliophobia
|Jan 27, 2012|
|Episode 8: Elevators may be much sexier, But stairs could just save your life||Mar 6, 2012|
|Episode 9: Looks like Takashi’s getting into it with Rei||Jun 22, 2012|
Running Gags[edit | edit source]
- Takashi insists that the girls can't defend themselves. Cut to a flashback or in-progress scene of one of the girls violently attacking zombies.
- "TAKAGI: SHE. IS. A. GENIUS."
- Takagi develops plans alpha, beta, gamma, and delta, which all seem to revolve around protecting herself and/or sacrificing Rei.
- Saeko speaks almost too quietly to hear, and much of her side dialogue is either innuendo, or casually referencing having killed her family.
- "I'M NOT GONNA GET INTO THIS WITH YOU REI!" The end of most arguments between Takashi and Rei, which revolve around their anime OTP's and which anime characters are stronger.
- Kouta teaches Alice (a 7 year old girl) to swear quite colourfully