|Death Note:the abridged series|
Rellik J. N. Join
07/05/2012 - present
The series has had a shaky upload schedule, having over a year gap between episode 7 and episode 8 (with an episode 1 remake in between). It was effectively cancelled in early 2013 and revived in mid 2014 where it continues to air.
On December 31st 2012, the group's original account, 'tehawesomechronicles', was allegedly hacked. While the channel and videos remain untouched, the password and recovery email was changed, rendering it useless. This is supposedly one of the reasons why episode 8 took so long.
Season 2 seemed to have been originally planned to focus around Bane, Mogi and 'Kira' as seen in Episode 13, but was retconned by the release of Episode 13(2) in which the second half of the episode was replaced by more traditional DN:tas material.
Rellik - Co-Founder, Director, Writer, Editor, Voice Actor
Jonateer - Co-Founder, Co-Writer, Voice Actor
The opening used for episode 1 (and the episode 1 remake) came from a short AMV of different clips of the show put together - the remake intro was very similar with minor details being changed - to the song of 'Dear Agony' by Breaking Benjamin. When the intro was quickly deemed too long and somewhat of a downer, is was changed to another, faster paced, AMV to the song of 'Shut Me Up' by Mindless Self Indulgence. While the opening itself has changed visually from AMV styled to featuring exclusively clips from the original show's opening and ending sequences, the song has remained the same.
The opening for the second season of DN:tas went through several different forms - originally, the song 'Dance With The Devil' by Breaking Benjamin was to be used but, with the scrapping of the original opening, it was changed to 'Stupid Mother F***er' by Mindless Self Indulgence. Since what editor Rellik deemed to be a 'decent looking intro' couldn't be formed from that song, the current season 2 opening of DN:tas is another sequence of clips from the shows openings and endings to the song 'Labyrinth' by Oomph!.
- Rellik - Light Yagami, Ryuk, Soichiro Yagami
- Jonateer - Mogi
- MoonDreamofA - Misa Amane, Rem, Wedy
- J0hnny0hm - Near
- Sebastian Todd - Mello
- Jonateer - L
- J0hnny0hm - Aiber, Midou, Jeff Yagami, Michael Caine, Watari several one-line characters
- LittleNinja36 - Rem (formerly)
- BlitzFlare - Kira, Ooi, several one-line characters
- Jacobi Wan-Kenobi - Bane, Easter Bunny, Fritzl
- JakAndRatchetGuy - Namikawa, Kida, Hatori, Sadmuta
- Evish232 - Higuchi, Takahashi, Batman, Jesus, several one-line characters
- RisingPhoenix - Shimura
- Noonanx09 (former member) - Raye Penber, Ide, Watari
- AvariciousRJ (former member) - Jeff Yagami, Hitler, several one-line characters
- RogueAngel0 (former member) - NPA Director, several one-line characters
- ZDdoesMC (former member) - Hatori
- ThatOneAbridger (former member) - Matsuda, Naomi, several one-line characters
- L's real name is Leonard Lawliet, as stated in the DN:tas Rehash special
- Light's full name is Light Jeffery Yagami - the middle name coming from his twin brother Jeff. Equally, Jeff's full name is Jeffery Light Yagami
- Ryuk's last name is Smith
- In the episode 1 remake, Pilot With A Vengeance, a line from Light's teacher reads, "And that's how the late Professor Smith concluded the link between Shinigami and apples" - this implies that Ryuk (last name Smith) once posed as a human professor before the events of DN:tas
- Rem's last name is Williams
- The events of DN:tas season 1 happen over the course of 5 days
- Matsuda's ancestor, Sadmuta, travelled through time to the present and sent Matsuda to his time, thus replacing him. This means that Matsuda is still stuck over 100 years in the past
- Matsuda being replaced by Sadmuta (and later replaced by Mechsuda) is an inside joke. The original voice of Matsuda, ThatOneAbridger, was reportedly very difficult to work with and so was dropped from the group, supposedly leaving with the words, "I want to stay on, because I want this series to succeed" implying that it wouldn't without him. Sadmuta and Mechsuda were created to show how easily Matsuda could be replaced
- In the credits of episode 10 part 2, Matsuda is said to be played by "Inuyasha" instead of ThatOneAbridger - this is but another cruel inside joke. ThatOneAbridger had originally planned to create an Inuyasha abridged, a project that never started. That part of the credits is a reference to that
- DN:tas takes place in the country of Japanorlondon
- Michael Caine, Bane's butler, was originally going to be Dwayne Johnson, Bane's fairy god father. This was changed when a voice for Dwayne Johnson couldn't be found. Similarly, William Shatner was to make an appearance in episode 8, but when a voice couldn't be found he was replaced by Brian Blessed
- Several characters had gone through a lot of voice changes over the course of the series, including: Watari, Hatori and Jeff
- L isn't a real detective. He is, in fact, a roleplayer to be hired for murder mystery parties. Upon his first performance being a success, he believed himself to be a real detective and so carried on attempting to solve crimes (with little success)
- In the episode 1 remake, it's vaguely implied that both L and Watari would whore themselves out for money until they were hired to work on a case
- While Watari seems to talk in incoherent sentences, L appears to understand him perfectly. The same goes for Aizawa who only communicates through screaming
- Aizawa's scream in from the song "What's Up People" - the opening theme to season 2 of Death Note
- In the DmC one-shot pardoy, Dante Will Cry, the character Dante's opening line is, "And then the two start singing Livin' La Vida Loca and, well, I thought it was quite funny," - a reference to DN:tas episode 10 part 2. This implies that Dante Will Cry took place in a universe where DN:tas is also a series on YouTube or some other platform
- Unofficially, the DmC one-shot took place in Chinaorparis which is located West of Japanorlondon where DN:tas takes place
- The characters Light, Ryuk, Rem and Misa feature in Duchess's (voice of Misa) 'Because Fanfic' video. All characters are voiced by Duchess in the video. Duchess
- Light Yagami has said the word "fuck" or "fucking" at least once in every episode of DN:tas.
- Misa Amane is the smartest character in the series, followed by Ryuk and Light being tied for second, leaving L, ironically, as the least intelligent main character.